we celebrated easter tonight at mama P's house. let me tell you this. it. is. always. crazy. over. at. my. moms. there are 5 of us sibs, and we are each our own characters. i swear, not lying, i am a child of the mailman....lol...i do not act, look, think, or anything else like any of my family. i swear, i was switched at birth. i am one of those babies, who was switched in the bassinette at the hospital. i just know it. at least thats the story i am going with. for now anyway.
anyway, full easter spread at mom's house. baked beans, ham, german potato salad, seven layer salad, rolls, jello fruit salad, sausage, bratwurst and rice of some type. banana cream pie and carrot cake for dessert. i feel like a stuffed piglet. and NOT ONE single pic to show as evidence. bad blogger girl. i was consumed with all of that food that i completely forgot to take any pics. oh well, imagine a feast of fat and that is what you will see!
onto more exciting adventures: through blog land i have found a wealth of great bloggers. seriously, peeps. there are some way funny, entertaining bloggers out there. one i happened to stumble upon is this adorable girl : simplyshaka i love reading about her day to day activities, the food she prepares, etc. etc....anyway, i was tagged to answer some fun questions, so here we go:
who is your style icon?
- honestly, this was tough......i love anything from way funky, to something more classic like a j crew look......i dont necessarily have a person whom i can say, THIS IS WHO I WANT TO BE! (or dress like!).....i love a good bargain though, and never pay full price for anything! i LOVE thrift stores!!!
- the secret. read it. love it. live by it. (this is all about the power of positive thinking)...i am getting ready to re-read. sooo good!
- i love ANY party. as long as there is yummy food and some kick ass cocktails. i love holiday partys. i love getting all dressed up in shiny sparkly outfits and just socializing around the christmas tree!
- living in cleveland, our summers are so short. winters are so long. blah. when we can be outside, its usually hanging at the pool, we love running in the metro parks, and hiking. i love to garden and love the sun!
- love! and my girls and JP. if anything happened to any of them i would DIE.
- JP~i am so proud of the work he does everyday. i admire his determinedness (ok, thats not a word...sue me.....) but his strongwill personality and the life he has made for us by working so hard. working extra jobs to be able to afford the finer things in life. refer to question above. i cant live without him!!! xoxo
- dying in a plane crash, or having something happen to one of my girls.
- probably anything pasta. or just plain noodles with butter, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt and parmesan cheese. yummo. yes, i am a carb WHORE.
- i wish i could handle the negative things people say about me, with a more roll off the shoulders kind of attitude. i tend to let things bother me way more than i should, and in the whole scheme of things, life is just too short. i guess this is not a talent.....talent wish, well, i would like to be able to do yoga where i was so flexible, that i could tie myself into an auntie anne's pretzel!
- raising three beautiful daughters who have turned out remarkably well considering they come from a divorced family.......boo. also, my nursing degree. i worked damn hard to get those initials after my name.....(should have been a teacher so i could have summers off!!!)
nighty night blog world. xoxo
p.s. i hope the bunny delivers everyone tons of chocolate and jelly beans. black ones. (i LOVE black jelly beans!)